There are a few sets of goals you need to consider for this quarter’s project:
- What are your goals for your studies?
- Where do you want to go career-wise?
- What does your portfolio site need to cover?
- How best can you deliver this information your target audience?
Luckily, you can always reconsider your goals. The site you make in this class will not be your last, so relax, it’s going to be okay. Setting goals is actually a great skill to develop in general—you learn to step back, evaluate your situation, and decide on your next steps with a level head.
How to set goals:
- Decide what you want to achieve.
- Develop a plan of attack by asking yourself questions:
What do I know about this?
What information do I have?
What info do I need?
What do I have to do to accomplish this goal?
- Break out the next actions into small steps.
- Assign dates to each of these smaller steps.
- Write your goals and steps down where you will see them regularly.
- Beware of procrastination!
- Reward yourself when you get steps done and achieve your goals.
- Step back occasionally to see if you are achieving your goal.